You can hire me to speak about the social web.
I’ve previously presented workshops or moderated panel discussions for:
- New Media Manitoba
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Canadian Association of Statutory Human Rights Agencies (CASHRA)
- Community News Commons
- National Screen Institute
- On Screen Manitoba
- Canadian Women in Communications
- National Film Board
- Girl Geek Dinners – Winnipeg chapter
- Winnipeg Convention Centre – Winnipeg’s Inner Circle
- Manitoba Writers’ Guild
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Manitoba Association of Library Technicians
- Arts and Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba
I also regularly teach social media marketing to students who attend courses at the National Screen Institute.
If you would like to discuss a possible event, please send me an email.
What others have said about my presentations:
* Alison Kirkland, Manager, Client Services, Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba
“Liz was able to communicate her vast knowledge in a down-to-earth style, interspersed with liberal doses of humour to immediately connect with the session participants. She gauged the knowledge level of attendees and drew on relevant examples to reinforce her message and provide great value for all in attendance. We look forward to working with her again!”
* Catherine Taylor, President, Manitoba Association of Library Technicians
“Liz delivered a great mix of know-how and empowerment in her presentation on marketing using social media. She is an energetic speaker who really animates her message with passion and personality. We are able to take a more focused and relevant approach to Web 2.0 because of the skills she imparted.”
* Trish Rempel – Organizer, Winnipeg Girl Geek Dinners
“Liz brings social media to light in an engaging, straight-forward, uncensored way that is purely delightful. I would recommend her as an excellent speaking resource on increasing online presence.”
* Scott Carnegie – Producer, Aboriginal Peoples Television Network
“As a presenter, Liz is infectious with her charming wit and love for her dog. The enthusiasm with which she leads a session draws you in and keeps things interesting. It’s always a pleasure being part of her courses.”
* Tara Walker, former Executive Director, On Screen Manitoba
“Liz’s infectious enthusiasm for and knowledge of online communications strategies make learning and adopting new social media tools really doable! With humour and simple, understandable language, she takes you through the practical how to’s and into the what-fors!”
* Debbie Maslowsky, Program Director, Winnipeg’s Inner Circle, an initiative of the Winnipeg Convention Centre
“Liz opened the eyes (and ears) of all our lunch participants in discovering the value and reach of social media. Her directness and detailed presentation was well received by our members and enlightened us all in how to better promote to today’s clientele.”
* Tutu Ilelaboye, former Communications Chair, Canadian Women in Communications (Manitoba); Marketing & Publicity Manager, Winnipeg Folk Festival
“Our inaugural Canadian Women in Communications Power Hour event was a smashing success thanks to Liz’s ability to present social media tools and techniques in an engaging and informative way.
We got nothing but positive feedback from our attendees. Liz is well-versed in, and passionate about, social media. She provides practical ways to use social media for professional and personal marketing and branding. As an added bonus, Liz’s presentations are fun and funny.
This year, the Winnipeg Folk Festival started a Twitter page. Liz’s social media suggestions helped us go from 0 to nearly 900 followers within 7 months and to double the number of fans we have on our Facebook page in the same period. Awesome!”