I’m Liz Hover – a Brit who moved to Canada from London, England in 2003.
I’m the director of online for the National Screen Institute – a film and TV training organisation in Winnipeg, Canada.
I oversee all their website content and social media spaces, and manage the NSI Online Short Film Festival.
I’ve been named one of the world’s top 125 fearless female bloggers.
In 2012 I moderated panel discussions for Manitoba’s first blogging conference MBlog. And in 2014, I was the official conference emcee which included interviewing New York Times best-selling author and blogger The Bloggess.
I’ve been a juror for the Canadian Weblog Awards for the past three years. And in 2013 I was nominated for a Women of Distinction award for my online work.
I’m currently addicted to Instagram where I can be found impersonating my dog, Sadie Shih Tzu.
In a previous life, I was a publicist, marketing and communications manager, magazine editor and freelance writer covering topics from Madonna’s latest album to bio-technology.
• • •
2015 update: I’m not posting here much now. My newest blog Lipstick is My Co-Pilot is where I spend most of my time.
I’m not currently accepting workshop requests but am happy to be on a panel, moderate a panel or host an event.
I’ve presented workshops or moderated panel discussions for:
- Bite TV
- New Media Manitoba’s MBlog conference (two years running)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Canadian Association of Statutory Human Rights Agencies (CASHRA)
- Community News Commons
- National Screen Institute
- On Screen Manitoba
- Canadian Women in Communications
- National Film Board
- Girl Geek Dinners – Winnipeg chapter
- Winnipeg Convention Centre – Winnipeg’s Inner Circle
- Manitoba Writers’ Guild
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Manitoba Association of Library Technicians
- Arts and Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba
- Manitoba Food Processors Association
If you would like to discuss a possible event, please send me an email.