My blog gets a redesign

comments 15
Design

Honestly.

You have no idea how stupidly excited I am about this.

When I moved to WordPress at the beginning of 2009 I couldn’t believe my luck when I found the Paper Trails WordPress theme by Roy Tank.

I used it on my blog until tonight.

It was a delicious, simple and slightly quirky theme.

It even had a cute wobbly title that moved if you put your mouse over it.

I was in love.

Sadly Roy stopped updating the theme earlier this year so I knew I was running on borrowed time.

I regularly received praise about the Paper Trails design (which I can in NO WAY take credit for). My website visitors were in awe of this lovely theme.

I was in awe of the theme.

But the theme was a little unusual. During a blog challenge earlier this year some folks complained to me that they couldn’t view my website because the post titles were rendered in Flash (but they looked beautiful if you were sensible enough to be using the latest version of Flash).

What this all boils down to is the fact that I KNEW I would have to update my WordPress theme.

And then a miracle happened.

Today I was introduced to a theme that couldn’t have been closer to Paper Trails if it tried.

But it came without the issues.

It was created by Woo Themes.

And IT’S FREE!

I have been helping out a number of online pals with their blog designs over the past ten months or so and have scoured the internet LIKE YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE in search of new and wonderful WordPress templates.

Often I would come across a design that made my heart beat fast because it looked like the kind of thing Diary of Web Gal 2 point oh would obviously use.

Usually it cost dollars that I couldn’t justify.

So, please if you can, imagine my joy when I ACCIDENTALLY found a theme for myself today.

After some hurried and impromptu design work to create a logo, I can now reveal my redesign.

Ta da!

15 Comments

1. glenfarmer says

This looks good. I looked around the site.
    The only thing that bothers me is the RSS feed page which doesn't match the rest of the sites coloring.
    I know that isn't your fault, it's a plug in but I wish they gave people an opportunity to do something with the appearance of it..

2. lizhover says

Thanks for stopping by Glen.

Yeah.

I totally get what you're saying about the Feedburner page. All in good time. I think we'll see more flexibility with the design of that stuff in future.

3. lizhover says

Thanks Karinne – I used to use a free Woo Themes template for my dog's blog and then the upgrade to WordPress 2.7 totally screwed with the theme. But I've been in love with them forever and am SO STUPIDLY HAPPY that I can update my design so easily. I'm even considering joining their club for $70. PS – NO-ONE PAID ME TO SAY THAT.

4. kylewith says

I love WooThemes and when I saw this theme released the other day I have to admit I almost took it on. Enjoy.

5. lizhover says

Thanks Kyle. I'm currently beside myself with joy. Can I have it in a bun?

6. bztat says

The new theme looks great, Liz, and I am so thrilled to be one of the online pals you have helped with blog designs!!!!

7. lizhover says

8. kylewith says

9. lizhover says

Thanks Kyle. I'm currently beside myself with joy. Can I have it in a bun?

10. bztat says